SubjectRe: 2.6.3 adaptec I2O will not compile
Eek, that does not bear good.  Somebody else mailed me this patch, so
would you mind sending me your orriginal patch for comparison?

And I assume that the scsi_unregister call should in fact not be in
there? If I understand it correctly there is either some function that
first calls adpt_release (from the address given in the info struct) and
then scsi_unregister, or scsi_unregister itself calls us.

Btw, none of this code was yet incorporated into the 2.6.3 kernel which
is why I started looking around for patches and actually looking at
making the changes myself. Btw, I also note that a couple of free's has
moved around - this gives me the idea that either a memory corruption
bug has been fixed (which leaves at least two of our machines in danger
of crashing) or a memory leak has been introduced. Or is it simply that
memory handling has been optimized a bit?

Jaco

--
That that is is that that is not is not.
This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full details.
Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.

[unhandled content-type:application/x-pkcs7-signature]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.038 / U:0.844 seconds]