    SubjectRe: True fsync() in Linux (on IDE)
    On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 03:05, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Chris Mason wrote:

    > >>Oh. Yes. This is Reiser, I did not think it is FS issue.
    > >>I'll know to stay away from ReiserFS now.
    > >>

    > >For reiserfs data=ordered should be enough to trigger the needed
    > >commits. If not, data=journal. Note that neither fs does barriers for
    > >O_SYNC, so we're just not perfect in 2.4.
    > >
    > >-chris
    > >
    > You are not listening to Peter. As I understand it from what Peter says
    > and your words, your implementation is wrong, and makes fsync
    > meaningless. If so, then you need to fix it. fsync should not be
    > meaningless even for metadata only journaling. This is a serious bug
    > that needs immediate correction, if Peter and I understand it correctly
    > from your words.

    I am listening to Peter, Jens and I have spent a significant amount of
    time on this code. We can go back and spend many more hours testing and
    debugging the 2.4 changes, or we can go forward with a very nice
    solution in 2.6.

    I'm planning on going forward with 2.6

    -chris

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:3.440 / U:0.000 seconds]