SubjectRe: Framebuffer with nVidia GeForce 2 Go on Dell Inspiron 8200

> > I tried vga=ask, and no VESA modes are detected.
>
> Ok, I'm stupid. I tried vga=ask, told him to scan, still got no VESA
> modes in the list, but thenand tried 318; it gave me 1024x768 (so did
> 718 too, any reason why?). Can't get to 1600x1200, though (or at
> least I don't know how.)

For some reason it never list the VESA modes with vga=ask. I just go by
the does in Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt to set my mode. Let me look...

I need to add more info to the docs on what modes are supported.
1600x1200
---------
256 0x119 0x145
32K 0x11D 0x146
64K 0x11E
16M 0x14E

For lilo translate them to decimal number. I'm curious if the 14X numbers
work.

> Now that I can work with the VESA driver, I'm feeling much better,
> but if I load the rivafb driver I *still* get the problem (I cannot
> touch it, not even with fbset -i). Using 2.6.4;
>
> Just for reference, these are the logs from vesafb, rivafb and lspci:

> >From rivafb:
> ===
> rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0112
> rivafb: On a laptop. Assuming Digital Flat Panel
> rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 1 being used
> rivafb: RIVA MTRR set to ON
> rivafb: PCI nVidia NV10 framebuffer ver 0.9.5b (nVidiaGeForce2-G,
> 32MB @ 0xE0000000)
> ===
>
> In this case, fbset -i returns (well, doesn't because the screen goes
> black, but the computer is still fully functional):

That a bug I have to work. I have a newer driver but I need to run more
test.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.123 / U:0.148 seconds]