SubjectRe: unionfs
Horst von Brand wrote:

> Assuming one RW on top of a RO only now: What should happen when a
> file/directory is missing from the top? If the bottom one "shows through",
> you can't delete anything; if it doesn't, you win nothing (because you will
> have to keep a complete copy RW on top).

I don't see how you win nothing. I create an overlay filesystem. I
delete a bunch of files in the overlay and it doesn't show through. All
my other files are still links to the originals, with the

I would dearly love to use something like to make it easy to track
changes made all over a source tree. If I could sync them up at the
begining, then make all my changes in the overly, then doing a diff is
really easy since you just look for places where the inodes are
different between the two filesystems. Like having hard links, but the
filesystem breaks them for you when you write.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557