    Subject2.6.4-mjb1
    The patchset is meant to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground.
    Main differences from mainline are:

    1. Better performance & resource consumption, particularly on larger machines.
    2. Diagnosis tools (kgdb, early_printk, etc).
    3. Updated arch support for AMD64 + PPC64.
    4. Better support for sound, especially OSS emulation over ALSA.
    5. Better support for video (v4l2, bttv, ivtv).
    6. Kexec support.

    I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
    platform, however large or small.

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.4/patch-2.6.4-mjb1.bz2

    Since 2.6.3-mjb2 (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

    Notes:

    Now in Linus' tree:

    - early_printk
    In a different form

    - tcp_speedup Martin J. Bligh
    Speedup TCP (avoid double copy) as suggested by Linus

    - config_irqbal Keith Mannthey
    Make irqbalance a config option

    - pfn_to_nid Martin J. Bligh
    Dance around the twisted rats nest of crap in i386 include.

    - pfn_valid Martin J. Bligh
    Fix pfn_valid to cope with memory holes

    - no_numa_pc Martin J. Bligh
    Disallow NUMA on PC subarch

    - lazy-readahead-adapt Ram Pai
    Improve the readahead algorithm

    - smp_boot_id Martin J. Bligh
    Fix panic if boot cpu's phys apicid doesn't match expected.

    - mmu_context_to_struct Adam Litke
    Prep to make hugetlb on PPC64 a dynamic area.

    Dropped:

    - implicit_huge_pages Adam Litke / wli / Brian T.
    (need new version)

    - hugetlb_dyn_as Adam Litke
    (need new version)

    New:

    + sysfs_backing_store1 Maneesh Soni
    + sysfs_backing_store2 Maneesh Soni
    + sysfs_backing_store3 Maneesh Soni
    + sysfs_backing_store4 Maneesh Soni
    + sysfs_backing_store5 Maneesh Soni
    + sysfs_backing_store6 Maneesh Soni
    Make sysfs more efficient in its usage of lowmem

    + vgtod1 John Stultz
    + vgtod2 John Stultz
    + vgtod3 John Stultz
    Vsyscall gettimeofday for ia32

    + objrmap_fixes Andrea
    Fix up a few misc bugs in objrmap

    ~ ivtv Kevin Thayer / Steven Fuerst
    Driver for ivtv (includes Hauppauge PVR 250 / 350)
    Written by Kevin Thayer, ported to 2.6 by Steven Fuerst
    New version 0.1.9

    + physnode_map Martin J. Bligh
    Hack around problem of missing area in physnode_map

    + ioremap Martin / Andy Whitcroft
    fix up ioremap & __ioremap for 4/4 split on x440

    Pending:
    local_balance_exec
    reluctance in cross-node balance (less_bouncy)
    sched tunables patch
    emulex update
    NUMA membinding API
    x86_64 update
    config_numasched
    sched tunables (reinstante)
    list_of_lists
    Child runs first (akpm)
    Netdump

    Present in this patch:

    -mjb Martin J. Bligh
    Add a tag to the makefile

    netpoll Jeff Garzik / mpm
    Polled net drivers for kgdb et al.

    kgdb Various
    Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-mm1, includes fixes

    kgdboe_netpoll Matt Mackall et al.
    Kgdb over ethernet support that works with the netpoll infrastructure

    kgdboe_build_fix Andrew Morton
    Fix kgdboe stuff so non-ia32 platforms build

    kgdb_x86_64 Jim Houston
    Support kgdb on x86_64

    kgdb_gdb6_patches Jim Houston
    Patches for gdb to support kgdb on x86_64, under scripts/kgdb/

    ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
    PPC 64 fixups

    spinlock_inlining Andrew Morton & Martin J. Bligh
    Inline spinlocks for profiling. Made into a ugly config option by me.

    lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
    Locking stats.

    lockmeter_ia64 Ray Bryant
    Add a config option for lockmeter on ia64

    oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
    dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

    4g4g Ingo Molnar
    Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

    4g_zap_low_mappings Martin Lorenz
    stop zap_low_mappings from being __init

    4g4g_locked_copy Dave McCracken
    Fix locking bug in 4/4 split

    lotsa_sds Badari
    Enable lots of scsi disks

    build_options_on_oops Andrew Morton
    Print out the build options when we oops.

    sched_domains Nick Piggin
    sched_domains code

    confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
    Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

    config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
    Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

    numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
    Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

    partial_objrmap Dave McCracken
    Object based rmap for filebacked pages.

    disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
    I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

    aiofix2 Mingming Cao
    fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

    percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
    Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

    per_node_rss Matt Dobson
    Track which nodes tasks mem is on, so sched can be sensible.

    gfp_node_strict Dave Hansen
    Add a node strict binding as a gfp mask option

    irqbal_fast Adam Litke
    Balance IRQs more readily

    kcg Adam Litke
    Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

    kcg_gcc_detect Adam Litke
    Detect older gcc versions that don't work with mcount, and crap out

    numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
    mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

    autoswap Con Kolivas
    Auto-tune swapiness

    emulex driver Emulex
    Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

    multiple_emulex Mike Anderson
    Allow multiple Emulex cards

    protocol254 Paul Mackerras / Omkhar
    Allow protocol 254

    slabtune Dave McCracken
    Take slab in bigger bites on larger machines

    topdown Bill Irwin
    Turn userspace upside down for fun & profit

    stacktrace Adam Litke
    Stack backtracing via frame pointers

    fasync_lock_rcu Manfred Spraul
    Use RCU for fasync_lock

    aio-retry Suparna, Janet, et al.
    4g4g-aio-hang-fix
    aio-retry-elevated-refcount
    aio-splice-runlist
    aio-wait-page
    aio-fs_read
    aio-upfront-readahead
    O_SYNC-speedup
    aio-O_SYNC
    gang_lookup_next
    aio-gang_lookup-fix
    aio-O_SYNC-short-write
    aio-read-immediate
    Filesystem AIO support

    kexec Eric Biederman et al.
    Exec a kernel for breakfast today.

    lockmeter_notsc Martin J. Bligh
    Lockmeter does not require CONFIG_X86_TSC.

    tiocgdev Gerd Knorr

    distribute_boot_allocs Manfred Spraul
    Distribute boot allocations across NUMA nodes

    vma_statistics Martin J. Bligh
    Provide per VMA stats

    schedstats Rick Lindsley
    Provide lotsa scheduler statistics

    irq_vector James Cleverdon
    Fix irq vector limits for Summit

    aio_cancel_fix Chris Mason
    AIO support

    aio_pipe Chris Mason
    AIO support

    raw Badari
    Support many raw devices.

    ivtv Kevin Thayer / Steven Fuerst
    Driver for ivtv (includes Hauppauge PVR 250 / 350)
    Written by Kevin Thayer, ported to 2.6 by Steven Fuerst
    Version 0.1.9

    sysfs_backing_store1 Maneesh Soni
    sysfs_backing_store2 Maneesh Soni
    sysfs_backing_store3 Maneesh Soni
    sysfs_backing_store4 Maneesh Soni
    sysfs_backing_store5 Maneesh Soni
    sysfs_backing_store6 Maneesh Soni
    Make sysfs more efficient in its usage of lowmem

    vgtod1 John Stultz
    vgtod2 John Stultz
    vgtod3 John Stultz
    Vsyscall gettimeofday for ia32

    objrmap_fixes Andrea
    Fix up bugs in objrmap

    physnode_map Martin J. Bligh
    Hack around problem of missing area in physnode_map

    ioremap Martin / Andy Whitcroft
    fix up ioremap & __ioremap for 4/4 split on x440

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.033 / U:0.248 seconds]