    SubjectRe: smbfs Oops with Linux 2.6.3
    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

    > > The difference must be that in a the inode data for the root inode is not
    > > considered current when the second ls runs, but I don't understand why the
    > > readdir is printed before the getattr.
    >
    > I don't understand why to expect the getattr before the readdir, perhaps
    > you can elaborate for me?

    smb_readdir
    smb_revalidate_inode
    smb_refresh_inode
    smb_proc_getattr
    server->ops->getattr
    server->ops->readdir

    The first ls should find the inode out-of-date (smb_readdir probably isn't
    the first call, but that doesn't matter) because it is the first user.
    The second ls is run shortly after and should find the inode to be
    up-to-date.

    I'm not sure it is important at all, it just wasn't what I expected.

    /Urban

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.031 / U:61.808 seconds]