SubjectRe: smbfs Oops with Linux 2.6.3
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

> > The difference must be that in a the inode data for the root inode is not
> > considered current when the second ls runs, but I don't understand why the
> > readdir is printed before the getattr.
>
> I don't understand why to expect the getattr before the readdir, perhaps
> you can elaborate for me?

smb_readdir
smb_revalidate_inode
smb_refresh_inode
smb_proc_getattr
server->ops->getattr
server->ops->readdir

The first ls should find the inode out-of-date (smb_readdir probably isn't
the first call, but that doesn't matter) because it is the first user.
The second ls is run shortly after and should find the inode to be
up-to-date.

I'm not sure it is important at all, it just wasn't what I expected.

/Urban

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.067 / U:0.052 seconds]