    SubjectRe: anon_vma RFC2
    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > So let's make it clear: if we have an object-based reverse mapping, it
    > should cover all reasonable cases, and in particular, it should NOT have
    > rare fallbacks to code that thus never gets any real testing.

    Absolutely agreed. And with Rajesh's code it should be possible
    to get object-based rmap right, not vulnerable to the scalability
    issues demonstrated by Ingo's test programs.

    Whether we go with mm-based or vma-based, I don't particularly
    care either. As long as the code is nice...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.018 / U:7.804 seconds]