    SubjectRe: anon_vma RFC2
    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > I think your approach could work (reverse map by having separate address
    > spaces for unrelated processes), but I don't see any good "page->index"
    > allocation scheme that is implementable.

    > Or did I totally mis-understand what you were proposing?

    You're absolutely right. I am still trying to come up with
    a way to do this.

    Note that since we count page->index in PAGE_SIZE unit we
    have PAGE_SIZE times as much space as a process can take,
    so we definately have enough address space to come up with
    a creative allocation scheme.

    I just can't think of any now ...