SubjectRe: APM & device_power_up/down
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:52:10 +0100
Michael Schierl <schierlm@gmx.de> wrote:

> Are you using any modules or patches that are not in the main line
> kernel?
> Does your problem also occur when you build a "minimal" kernel (i.e.
> remove all things from it you don't really need for booting up, e.g.
> local apic, pcmcia, network support, framebuffer, mouse)?
>
> can you boot with init=/bin/bash (or another shell) and then do
>
> mount /proc
> apm -s
>
> does suspending work there? (this all against a "vanilla" kernel).
>
> The thing above was just a guess, the only difference between the 2
> patches i know is that the patch which is in kernel also informs all
> device drivers. So i guess there must be a "broken" device driver that
> makes your supend come to a halt.

Michael, I didn't try it, because 2.6.4 solved all my problems =)
My laptop suspends & resumes correctly for now.
So, I think you were right, the problem was in some of device drivers, that failed to suspend correctly.

I can continue these experiments and I suppose we can find that driver finally if you're interested.
Do you?

---
WBR,
Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
tony2001@phpclub.net || antony@dovgal.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:4.763 / U:0.708 seconds]