    SubjectRe: [OT] Re: (0 == foo), rather than (foo == 0)
    No, the problem is your mail reader or configuration is broken.  Both
    Pine and Mutt both wrap lines just fine, and all the GUI interface I've
    used (in recent years) wrap just fine. a) they aren't recognizing soft
    line breaks or b) you're not acknowledging lines sent without any wraps.

    Letting users wrap text where they want to is the best policy.

    Roland Dreier wrote:

    > David> Really, your mail reading software should be capable of
    > David> wrapping things by itself, we really have progressed from
    > David> yesteryear.
    >
    >The problem is that if (say) you use 100 character lines, then someone
    >reading it in an 80-column window sees 80-char line, 20-char line, etc
    >etc and it's very annoying to read. If you make every paragraph one
    >huge line, then when someone wants to quote your message, they have to
    >wrap the quote themselves.
    >
    >Keeping email lines to about 70 characters is still the best policy.
    >
    > - Roland

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:3.741 / U:0.020 seconds]