SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

Wouter> I'm doing my best to track this thread altough I cannot
Wouter> understand the technical stuff I belive you are havily
Wouter> tracking down a bug in the ohci-hcd, but, according to the
Wouter> problems I expierienced, there is a similar bug in uhci-hcd.

That's possible but it's not necessarily the case. There is one real
bug in the hid-input.c which would cause a hang on single-CPU machines
when connecting the BTC keyboard. See this mail (patch included):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107889747301413

There also seems to be a bug in the BTC keyboard which causes the
hid-core to time out when initializing the keyboard. That problem
isn't fatal, but it's annoying to have to wait for 10+ seconds to wait
for the keyboard to become online. A workaround for this bug can be
found in this mail:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107889855108618

I'd be interested in hearing if that fixes the problems for your machine.

--david

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans