    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?

    > >> - that 2.4 style PM got depreciated and let die before the
    > >> "new-driver-model" PM is workin
    > >
    > > Except that it never worked
    >
    > It is actively used for ide, network, serial drivers with swsusp2.

    Without any proper ordering guarantee, IDE could take requests
    after beeing suspended, which could be fatal (and cause data loss)
    etc...

    Moving to the new model is easy. I don't see why we should have had
    such a "compatibility" path on a major kernel version, that makes
    no sense, just help fixing the drivers that need more fixing instead.

    --
    Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>