SubjectRe: [PROBLEM] 2.6.3-rc1: still no suspend/resume on Centrino notebook
Date
The Thinkpad T40 and T41 at least; they suspend & resume properly, but
there are still interrupt-losing problems when resuming, which is a
totally separate issue. I believe they both use the 8255PM chipset:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82855PM Processor to I/O Controller
(rev 03)

There have been a few discussions on the ACPI list about this, as well
as bugs 1661 and 1409.

Georg C F Greve wrote:
> Do you still remember which notebooks you did _not_ encounter these
> problems with? More particularly which chipsets they had? I've seen so
> many reports for this problem that it would be interesting to know
> where it does _not_ exist.
>
> The number of notebooks with that problem seems considerable -- people
> reported these problems on different Centrino notebooks from different
> vendors, particularly
>
> ASUS M and S series
> ACER TravelMate
> IBM Thinkpad R50P
>
> that all seemed to have precisely one thing in common: the Intel 855GM
> centrino chipset.
>
> Similar problems have also been reported from Fujitsu-Siemens e6624
> notebook, which has an intel i830 chipset. As the kernel 2.6 currently
> seems to use the i830 AGP driver for the Intel 855GM chipset, those
> two might (or might not) be related.
>
> That we have not seen more reports is probably because people are
> still mostly using 2.4.x on their notebooks, which was better for
> suspend/resume (I'm using a patched 2.4.24 as I'm writing this).
>
> Regards,
> Georg

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.133 / U:0.640 seconds]