Subjectps/2 mouse problem with KVM switch
Hello!

Kernel 2.6.2, XFree86 4.3.0

I am using a Logitech MouseMan 2xOptical mouse connected trough a KVM
switch.

By default the mouse is detected as "ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse".

The problem is that the mouse doesn't work. It is too slow and no mouse
clicks work. If I move it very fast I sometimes get a random click event.

I specify psmouse.proto=bare mouse works OK, but not the wheel :(
(I have seen at least one "lost synchronization").

Specifying psmouse.proto=imps or exps doesn't help.

Without the KVM switch all is ok (as much as I tested under 2.6.0).

Under 2.4 mouse works perfectly, wheel and all.

I am using /dev/input/mice under XF86 (kernel does complain about X
using direct hardware for keyboard and gives a bunch of errors).

GPM shows the same behavior if I run it (I'm not using it).

What else can I do?

Regards,
MArk

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans