    Subjectps/2 mouse problem with KVM switch
    Hello!

    Kernel 2.6.2, XFree86 4.3.0

    I am using a Logitech MouseMan 2xOptical mouse connected trough a KVM
    switch.

    By default the mouse is detected as "ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse".

    The problem is that the mouse doesn't work. It is too slow and no mouse
    clicks work. If I move it very fast I sometimes get a random click event.

    I specify psmouse.proto=bare mouse works OK, but not the wheel :(
    (I have seen at least one "lost synchronization").

    Specifying psmouse.proto=imps or exps doesn't help.

    Without the KVM switch all is ok (as much as I tested under 2.6.0).

    Under 2.4 mouse works perfectly, wheel and all.

    I am using /dev/input/mice under XF86 (kernel does complain about X
    using direct hardware for keyboard and gives a bunch of errors).

    GPM shows the same behavior if I run it (I'm not using it).

    What else can I do?

    Regards,
    MArk

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.045 / U:4.880 seconds]