SubjectRe: FATAL: Kernel too old

>Sure. And if you can 'root' that machine, you are really
>good! It isn't even visible to most of the company internally!
>

>Cheers,
>Dick Johnson

Not a big contributor here, but the first thing I thought when I saw the
message was root kit. Granted you may have to be 'good' to root the box,
or to know that it is present in the corp network. However, you did say
it is forwarding mail which means it receives mail, thus it has an
identifiable and locatable IP address. Also, it was stated that it was a
generic RH running 2.4.18 (I think) and no hacking done to it. Is it
kept up to date, current libraries etc... From what you said it sounds
like a rarely thought of recipient of internet services (e-mail) or what
some like to call "a target of opportunity"

Karl Tatgenhorst

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.056 / U:0.096 seconds]