SubjectRe: [ACPI] acpi problem with nforce motherboards and ethernet
On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 10:26, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:

> >>In newer Abit BIOSes there is an option, or you use athcool.

> >>I have an Abit NF7-S Rev2 with latest Bios.
> >

> > As noted in my last post.. you dont NEED athcool OR Disconnect to get
> > stability..
> >
> > I've only ever run athcool to check the status.. and my BIOS doesnt have
> > disconnect.
> >
> > A7N8X Deluxe V2 BIOS 1007.. 11 days uptime here.. haven had a crash
> > since Ross released those patches ages ago.
>
> WITHOUT Disconnect my System is stable, but hotter when idle, so that is
> not the point. Ross wanted the patched to work with APIC and Disconnect.
>
> DO you guys use APIC (not ACPI)? I use both APIC (and local APIC) and
> ACPI. ACPI is not the problem (unless they break something...) but APIC
> and CPU Disconnect makes trouble on nforce2.

athcool reports:
nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.

I have never used athcool to turn it off, and I don't have a BIOS
option. APIC, local APIC and ACPI are all on.

Craig

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.063 / U:0.624 seconds]