    SubjectRe: 2.6.0, cdrom still showing directories after being erased

    > > I believe he meant to write he umounted it.
    > > The problem is that there is still some data left in CDRW's cache and it
    > > needs to be emptied. That happens when CDRW is ejected and reinserted
    > > (that is why windows burning software ie. Nero wants to eject the CDR/RW
    > > when it gets written or erased).
    > > Maybe kernel could flush the buffers/caches or whatever is there when
    > > CDROM gets mounted. But im afraid about compatibility with broken drives
    > > such as LG.
    > There's no command to invalidate read cache, you are probably thinking
    > of the SYNC_CACHE command to flush dirty data to media (which is what LG
    > fucked up).
    > IMO, it's a user problem.

    Does not look like so.

    cdrecord -blank
    see old data

    That looks pretty bad. If there's no other solution, we might just
    document it, but...

    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.020 / U:1.880 seconds]