Subjectacpi problem with nforce motherboards and ethernet
Hi:

Since Andrew Morton picked up latest acpi bk updates, nforce motherboards have problems, mainly with ethernet adapters. Reporters say that with acpi=off, the problm gets fixed, so we think the problem could be acpi. Some more useful info:

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Luis Miguel García wrote:

>> When I try to boot with latest mm series (such as actual rc3-mm1 or
>> rc2-mm2), my nforce ethernet device doesn't works. It worked in the past
>> with the forcedeth reverse engineered driver but now it keeps for 30 or
>> more seconds halted (at boot) and then the network device dosn't run.
>>
>> Here is the dmesg of rc3-mm1. Do you want for me to test something? Thanks!
>>
>> P.S.: The ACPI related messages are larger that in rc3.

My e100 on an nforce2 won't work in rc3-mm1.
The "acpi=off" boot parameter makes it go.

And for the record, I can boot with that kernel and save one dmesg for you if you want. Only send me a request and I'll send it to you.

P.S.: Sent any messages you want directly to me as i'm not subscribed to acpi-devel.

Thanks,

Luis Miguel García