SubjectRe: Freeing skbuff (was: Re: Sending built-by-hand packet and kernel panic.)
Date
> Thanks a lot for pointing out these problems. I had completely missed them.
> However, my overall problem is not solved. As far as my investigations
> led me, my sk_buff structure is never released after having been sent on
> the wire. So I guess I need an explicit destructor function in my
> sk_buff as the following is present in the definition of struct sk_buff:
> void (*destructor)(struct sk_buff *); /* Destruct function
> */

Hi Emmanuel, maybe the call that sends to skb (NF_HOOK) is returning
a non-zero error code. In that case it is your responsability [1] to free the
skb.

Duncan.

[1] This is true for many parts of the kernel but not all. I don't know what
NF_HOOK is so this may not apply here.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans