    SubjectRe: kgdb support in vanilla 2.6.2
    Tom Rini <> wrote:
    > Andrew, what features of George's version don't you like?

    This is bad:

    akpm:/usr/src/25> grep '^+#ifdef' patches/kgdb-ga.patch | wc -l

    and the fact that it touches 36 different files.

    Any time I've had to do any maintenance work against that stub I get lost
    in a twisty maze and just whine at George about it. It's just all over the
    place. Yes, this is partly the nature of the beast, but I don't see that a
    ton of effort has been put into reducing the straggliness.

    > Right now
    > I'm working on moving the kgdb-eth driver that uses netpoll over
    > into Amit's version, and thinking of a cleaner away to allow for both
    > early debugging and multiple drivers (eth or serial A or serial B).

    Sounds good.

    Look, there's a lot of interest in this and I of course am fully
    supportive. If someone could send me Amit's patchset when they think I
    should test it, I could then talk about it more usefully.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.019 / U:10.876 seconds]