    SubjectRe: 2.6.0, cdrom still showing directories after being erased
    On Tue, Feb 03 2004, Tomas Zvala wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I believe he meant to write he umounted it.
    > The problem is that there is still some data left in CDRW's cache and it
    > needs to be emptied. That happens when CDRW is ejected and reinserted
    > (that is why windows burning software ie. Nero wants to eject the CDR/RW
    > when it gets written or erased).
    > Maybe kernel could flush the buffers/caches or whatever is there when
    > CDROM gets mounted. But im afraid about compatibility with broken drives
    > such as LG.

    There's no command to invalidate read cache, you are probably thinking
    of the SYNC_CACHE command to flush dirty data to media (which is what LG
    fucked up).

    IMO, it's a user problem.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.045 / U:20.956 seconds]