SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:33:02 +0200, Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:10:09AM +0800, Michael Frank wrote:

>> >For me, none of them (pmdisk, swsusp and swsusp2) work. I did manage
>> >to get pmdisk to resume once, and swsusp2 makes it half-way through
>> >the resume.
>>
>> Hate to hear this - 2.0 is said to work _flawlessly_ on 2.4.24 and
>> on 2.6.2 within the bounds of more complex PM/driver issues.
>>
>> 2.4.25 and 2.6.3 patches are undergoing testing.
>>
>> If you like to try again, please have a look at http://swsusp.sf.net.
>>
>> There is also comprehensive FAQ and Howto on the site.
>>
>> You also will find a lot of user support wrt specific HW.
>>
>> Myself is running 2.0 on 2.4.2[345] without any stability issues
>> whatsoever this year.
>>
>> In short, I am confident we can make it work for you!
>>

> Same for me. No problems with 2.4.[345] and also works nicely on
> 2.6.[123] as long as dri is not running (PM problems).
>
> Only one problem that is not caused by swsusp but is a bit of a head
> ache. X will ocationaly crash when changing VT to the console. I
> originally thought it was a problem with my dri resume patch for
> mach64, but the resume kicks in only when entering X and not when
> leaving so its got to be something else.

Yeah, too bad

- that 2.4 style PM got depreciated and let die before the
"new-driver-model" PM is working
- that perfectly good drivers were rewritten from scratch,
but without functioning PM support

:-(

Regards Michael

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.149 / U:0.244 seconds]