SubjectRe: kernel unaligned acc on Alpha
Date
Marc Giger <gigerstyle@gmx.ch> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a lot of unaligned accesses in kernel space:
>
> kernel unaligned acc : 2191330
> (pc=fffffffc002557d8,va=fffffffc00256059)
>
> It seems to be located in the networking part (iptables?) from the
> kernel. Can someone please help me how to find the location of these
> uac's? I already have recompiled the kernel with debugging enabled and
> tried to debug it with gdb.

Find the matching function in System.map. Look for the entry with the
highest address less than or equal to the pc value.

> Another question: What's the meaning of va?

It's the virtual memory address being accessed. The va value is
rather close to the pc, so I would guess that it is some static data
from the same source file as the function that is being accessed.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se