    SubjectRe: Adaptec 1210SA SATA Controller Performance
    > >Yesterday I've setup a server with Adaptec's 1210SA SATA Controller and
    > >2 SATA disks. According to the kernel changelog the controller is
    > >supported since 2.6.2
    > >
    > >I've installed Debian on an IDE disk, built a 2.6.3 kernel with
    > >CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_SIL, rebooted and the kernel detected the controller
    > >plus both SATA disks (sda, sdb). As the next step I wanted to create a
    > >software raid 1 with the 2 SATA disks. Because it took mdadm forever to
    > >finish, I checked /proc/mdstat and saw a progress bar with a rate of
    > >12MB/s!

    More to the point, why didn't you just install a 2.4.18 kernel
    and use the Adaptec-supplied driver and the RAID-1 capabilities
    built into the card's firmware? (Note, I'm not trying to disparage
    Jeff's work on libata here.)

    I have this setup and it works flawlessly with a pair of 160GB
    SATA drives.

    -Bob

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.024 / U:0.400 seconds]