SubjectRe: help in sysfs
It was mounted, as told me by mount(1)

but, I think it was a problem in the order of the mounts
maybe it was mounted over the old /dev
I mounted it again, and it worked fine. (at least, the pts
others things remais)
But, this brings me another doubt (an extension to the first
one):
Why there is not any information about the pts in /sys ?
There is only a directory entry called
/sys/cdev/tty/pts
May I conclude that there is no info avaiable about chardevs?

One more to go:
I use PPPoE to connect to the net. When I loaded the modules,
some entries apeared somewhere in /sys/udev, but the /dev
entry was not created, and I had to mknod it
Does anyone knows why ?

I may be (very) wrong, but it seems to be a behaviour common
to chardevs

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:38:11PM -0600, Ryan Reich wrote:
> glauber@mpcnet.com.br wrote:
> >Sorry if I'm being redundant
> >
> >I spent a lot of time looking for it, and did
> >not find, so I came here for help
> >Perhaps anyone can help me, or point me to the
> >right place to ask
> >
> >I did not yet fully understand how sysfs works,
> >and so, any docs would be welcome
> >
> >My main problem is:
> >I'm trying to use udev, but some devices for
> >drivers that are compiled in the kernel does
> >not appear in. I searched for entries
> >representing then in /sys, and found no one
> >Specifically, no pts is found there
> >in my .config, I have CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
> >What can I do in order to solve this problem?
>
> Have you mounted /dev/pts?
>
> $ mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
>
> (Of course, /dev/pts needs to exist first). They should appear when you
> connect to a terminal.
>
> Also, not all the supported devices have yet been ported to sysfs.
>
> --
> Ryan Reich
> ryanr@uchicago.edu
> -