    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] fbdv/fbcon pending problems

    > Exactly, that's the whole point, if you want userland accel you must disable
    > kernel land accel. That's was my question against acceleration work inside
    > the kernel. Nobody use it in userland and is the stability devil in fbdev.
    > If you want acceleration in userland there is mesa-solo or directfb or console-sdl.
    > In short acceleration belongs to specialized libs not the kernel.
    > Why accel it is needed for font drawing?, i am pretty sure my 8bit video old
    > sparc doesn't have any accel and is pretty capable for drawing fonts.

    Because we are going to run into graphics hardware that don't have
    framebuffers. The solution is the one we are approaching now. That fbcon
    be a client like userland apps to the accel engine. You will see it will
    all work out :-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.019 / U:18.428 seconds]