SubjectRe: megaraid unified driver version 2.20.0.0-alpha1
Hi,

One of my goals with the forward porting of the 2.10.1 changes to the
driver in lk2.6 was also to add a wider level of sysfs support. Is there
any plan to add this to the unified driver?

I am sure that other, more experienced, people will bring up other
points, but here are a few comments of mine;

1. I had a quick look through the code to check on "extended" sysfs
support, i.e. whether or not board specific abilities/information could
be accessed through the sysfs interface. At the moment, they are only
accessible through the /proc interface. Would it be possible to do
something like what I did in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107724328420636&w=2 I.e.
split the information gathering into a separate module, and then use
that for both the /proc system, and the /sys system.

2. The Scsi_Host_Template should have a ".module = THIS_MODULE,"
initialiser, otherwise the device can be removed whilst it is still
accurate. Please see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107692559912129&w=2

3. Longer term perhaps, but, if sysfs support is included, is it
possible/reasonable to include write support for some/all of the
attributes? For example, to be able to set the rebuild-rate without
using the LSI supplied binary.

Cheers,
Paul

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.073 / U:0.188 seconds]