    SubjectRe: kgdb: rename i386-stub.c to kgdb.c
    Tom Rini wrote:
    >>>Well, looking at i386-stub.c, how do you know it is kgdb-related?
    >>>I actually made it kernel/kgdb.c and arch/*/kernel/kgdb.c. I believe
    >>>there's no point where one could be confused....
    >>gdb itself gets confused with this. Try, for example, time.c which, on the
    >>x86, is in both arch and common code. I use emacs with kgdb and it gets
    >>confused when I point at a location in the source and tell it to set a
    >>break point.
    >>Please, lets have only one of each name.
    > We can't. We've had various things (most notably MODVERSIONS prior to
    > 2.6) which are unhappy with that, and in the end, the problem ends up
    > being fixed elsewhere. In fact, this should be able to as well. Using
    > your time.c example:
    > (gdb) break arch/i386/kernel/time.c:set_rtc_mmss
    > Breakpoint 3 at 0xc010ee90: file arch/i386/kernel/time.c, line 174.
    > (gdb) break kernel/time.c:sys_time
    > Breakpoint 4 at 0xc011f0cc: file time.h, line 301.
    > So shouldn't it be a matter of somehow just not having a time.c
    > reference as well in the debug data?

    No it is related to the point and grunt option in emacs:

    I would guess it is a problem in the emacs interface where one points at a
    location in the code window and enters a command to set a break point ( I think
    it is "^x " (control X space)). It would appear that emacs then only sends the
    file name to gdb rather than the full path.

    This is not a show stopping problem, only confusing. Once gdb figures out the
    right source, all is well. I usually do it by setting a break point at the
    function by name, thus avoiding the point and grunt thing.

    George Anzinger
    Preemption patch:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.026 / U:4.936 seconds]