SubjectRe: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> If we take the vendor persåective here. Then why should they make their
> driver open source, when the middle layer is not part of the
> main stream kernel?

And why should we take the vendor perspective?

We don't add drivers for stuff that doesn't exist, and is not even likely
to be used much. That way, when problems occur (and they _will_ occur),
the burden of the crap will be firmly on the shoulders of the people who
should care.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans