    SubjectRe: Kernel Cross Compiling [update]
    On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:28:19PM +0000, Richard Curnow wrote:
    > * Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org> [2004-02-23]:
    > > > is there a toolchain/binutils which 'know' and 'support'
    > > > the '-isa=sh64' option? maybe it was depreciated?
    > > >
    > > I don't know of one out in the wild. SuperH has their own toolchains that
    > > support this, and is what I currently use. I'm not sure what the status of
    > > their patches are in relation to getting merged into current gcc/binutils.
    > > Richard (CC'ed) might know though, Richard?
    >
    > The last public release we made of the SH-5 tools is available at
    >
    > ftp://ftp.uk.superh.com/pub/SuperH-GNU/Barcelona-20030414

    how are they related to the 'mainline' toolchain?

    i.e. is this something completely separate, or do
    you follow the binutils/gcc updates from time to time?

    what would be the binutils/gcc version which is
    'closest' to 'your' toolchain? wouldn't it make
    sense to get those changes back into the mainline?

    > This URL provides further information:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1984379&forum_id=9482
    >
    > The SH-5 tools we're currently using in-house are a few months more
    > advanced than those. (They date from about August 2003.) We'd be happy
    > to package this version up and make it available if people express
    > interest in this.

    sure I'm interested *expressing interest*

    thanks for the info,

    TIA,
    Herbert