    SubjectRe: Kernel Cross Compiling [update]
    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
    > 2) KERNEL CROSS COMPILING
    >
    > linux-2.6.3-rc3 linux-2.6.3
    > config build config build
    >
    > m68k/m68k: OK FAILED OK FAILED

    Can you tell me where it fails? I guess the dmapool code, since no one has
    merged the patch to fix that issue on m68k yet (speaking about stable kernel
    series that break architectures in a release candidate with a known fix in
    time...)

    > interesting is that some architectures (arm, chris, v850)
    > do not even have an appropriate default config, where
    > others seem to require different? binutils (sh and sh64)
    > but most other issues seem to be inconsistent configs or
    > broken headers/code (details [6])...

    I have to admit I never bothered to update defconfigs for m68k.

    If you want the ones I use for cross-compile testing, feel free to ask...

    Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

    Geert

    -- Linus Torvalds