SubjectRe: Kernel Cross Compiling [update]
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> linux-2.6.3-rc3 linux-2.6.3
> config build config build
> m68k/m68k: OK FAILED OK FAILED

Can you tell me where it fails? I guess the dmapool code, since no one has
merged the patch to fix that issue on m68k yet (speaking about stable kernel
series that break architectures in a release candidate with a known fix in

> interesting is that some architectures (arm, chris, v850)
> do not even have an appropriate default config, where
> others seem to require different? binutils (sh and sh64)
> but most other issues seem to be inconsistent configs or
> broken headers/code (details [6])...

I have to admit I never bothered to update defconfigs for m68k.

If you want the ones I use for cross-compile testing, feel free to ask...

-- Linus Torvalds