SubjectRe: PS/2 Mouse does no longer work with kernel 2.6 on a laptop
Date
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 23:29, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 06:13 pm, Emmeran Seehuber wrote:
>
> OK, I am lost.. how many pointing devices you physically have?
> 2 or 3? According to the kernel data you have 2 PS/2 devices
>
> and one USB trackball:
> > N: Name="PS2++ Logitech Mouse"
> > P: Phys=isa0060/serio2/input0
> > N: Name="PS/2 Generic Mouse"
> > P: Phys=isa0060/serio4/input0
> > N: Name="Microsoft Microsoft Trackball Explorer®"
> > P: Phys=usb-0000:00:03.2-1/input0
>
> Is this correct? Or you have only 2 devices (one PS/2 and one USB) and it
> is one of those wierd USB legacy emulation troubles. Does it behave better
> if you load USB modules first and only then psmouse?
Sorry, I didn't want to confuse you.

I`ve attached a USB mouse because the PS/2 trackball didn`t work when I was
creating the /proc-output (since I booted without the i????.nomux option).
But I don`t like the USB mouse, I prefer to use the trackball.

The problem is the same: The USB mouse can be attachend/detached any time. It
does hotplug very well. All data I've send you was with the USB mouse
detached. Only when I did the cat /proc/... I didn't want to use the trackpad
and attached the USB mouse ...

Just ignore the USB mouse. It doesn't seem to be related to the problem. And
yes, in this case I had 3 physical devices (trackpad, PS/2 trackball, USB
trackball) attached.

cu,
Emmy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.067 / U:1.388 seconds]