SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.3-rc4 Massive strange corruption with new radeonfb
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 07:08, Charles Johnston wrote:
>
>>Upon bootup, radeonfb is obviously not initializing the hardware
>>correctly. Massive amounts of random-looking garbage, plus a weird
>>effect I've never seen before, like someone pouring milk _up_ the
>>screen. (Yeah, it's the best I could come up with)
>>
>>It's a Dell Inspiron 8600 with Mobile Radeon 9600 and 1920x1200 LCD.
>

> Looks like the driver cannot find any info about your flat panel
> in the BIOS ROM image. I suppose we can thank DELL for hacking the
> BIOS in ways that aren't compatible with all others laptops...
>
> Can you try commenting out the call to radeon_map_ROM() and let it
> look for the RAM based BIOS instead ? Let me know...

Ok, it worked fine with that line commented out. I can switch vt's, be
in X, etc. no problems.

The only issue I see is when I do a 'clear' on the vt, it doesn't clear
the text, but blanks every nth row of pixels. Switching vt's and back
clears the screen.

There are also a few rows of garbage pixels at the bottom that linger
across vt switches.

Charles Johnston
cjohnston@networld.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.038 / U:0.024 seconds]