SubjectRe: PS/2 Mouse does no longer work with kernel 2.6 on a laptop
Date
On Monday 16 February 2004 09:36 am, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:34:43PM +0000, Emmeran Seehuber wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 15 February 2004 15:28, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I see that the kernel correctly identifies both devices so I suspect there
> > > could be a problem with your setup. Could you also post your XF86Config
> > > and tell me the the options you are passing to GPM, please?
> > What I forgot to mention: cat /dev/input/mouse1 gives me some garbage as soon
> > as I move on the trackpad. But cat /dev/input/mouse0 gives me nothing, so I
> > don't think that this is a userspace configuration problem. The kernel seems
> > to get no input from the PS/2 mouse at all.
>
> Dmitry, this looks like either MUX or PassThrough problem.

It can't be Pass-through problem as the touchpad is not identified as Synaptics,
so it must be MUX...

Emmeran, what happens if you "cat /dev/input/mice" and try working the
touchpad and the trackball? Do you see anything when you use the touchpad?
If not, please #define DEBUG in i8042.c again and after reboot try using
touchpad first, then type something (so we'll see the point when you
stopped using the touchpad), move trackball and type something again and
post your dmesg one more time. This way we would see if there is anything
comes out from the touchpad in MUX mode, etc, etc.

And could you please post your /proc/bus/input/devices?

Thank you,

Dmitry

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.095 / U:0.700 seconds]