    SubjectRe: getting usb mass storage to finish before running init?
    From
    well, the root filesystem is an initrd, so I can't do that.

    I suppose I could compile in the extra info for /proc/partitions and see
    if that gives me anything I can keep looking for (don't know if it puts
    file system labels in there, but that is probably what I would have to go
    on since that is really the only thing that is constant on all systems).

    Is there a quick/clean way to query a device and get the label? I suppose
    I could use tune2fs or something, but I didn't know if there is anything
    better/simpler. I don't know if I like the idea of running tune2fs on
    each partition again and again. I guess I could keep a list in memory and
    only check each one once, but that is getting a bit more complicated &
    time consuming.