SubjectRe: 2.6.1-mm4
Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:22:36 +0100, "Prakash K. Cheemplavam" said:
>

>>>If this is the NVidia graphics driver, it's been doing it at least since 2.
>
> 5.6something,
>
>>>at least that I've seen. It's basically calling pci_find_slot in an interr
>
> upt context,
>
>>>which ends up calling pci_find_subsys which complains about it. One possib
>
> le
>
>>>solution would be for the code to be changed to call pci_find_slot during m
>
> odule
>
>>>initialization and save the return value, and use that instead. Yes, I kno
>
> w this
>
>>>prevents hotplugging. Who hotplugs graphics cards? ;)
>>
>>Could you advise me how to make a dirty hack to get this going? Once
>>again I am back to 2.6.1-rc1 kernel, which seems to be the last one
>>stable for me. 2.6.3-rc1-mm1 locked up quite fast..
>

> 1) 'badness in pci_find_subsys' is a warning only. If your system is
> locking up, there's something else at issue, probably.
>
> 2) NVidia released the 5336 level of drivers, which apparently have been
> fixed to support 2.6 without the warning being triggered.

Well, I don't know whether my system actually locks up, it is like it
seems the log gets flooded (when I wait long enough) but I cannot do
anything with the system at that point, ie it seems like frozen.
Furthermore I am using latest 53.36 drivers and I am not the only one
having this problem if I look into nvnews forums. As I said this is a
problem which came with something changed in the newer kernels. 2.6.1
(and 2.6.2-rc1) works OK for me, 2.6.2-rc2 and later not.

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.735 / U:0.008 seconds]