    SubjectRe: Reiserfs crash while deleting specific file in 2.6.2
    Eric Buddington <ebuddington@verizon.net> wrote:
    EB> Kernel 2.6.2, not tainted.
    EB> My reiser root fs filled up while compiling, so I started deleting
    EB> extra files to make space. One directory in particular gives me a BUG
    EB> when I try to rm -rf it (I don't know if it's the same file each time;
    EB> the dir in question has no subdirs).

    What if you run reiserfsck on it (you'd need to remount it readonly of course),
    are there any errors reported?

    EB> When I repeated this at the console, I saw the following (which I had
    EB> to scribble on paper, so I just grabbed what I guessed was most
    EB> useful):
    EB> Kernel BUG at fs/reiserfs/prints.c:339

    There should be one or two lines prior to this that reiserfs itself gives.
    If they do not fit on the screen, you might try to load smaller font
    before reproducing.

    Bye,
    Oleg

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.017 / U:0.172 seconds]