SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.32-6

* K.R. Foley <kr@cybsft.com> wrote:

> OK dumb question. I am going out to get my own personal brown paper
> bag, since I seem to be wearing it so often. I forgot tasks get
> removed from the runqueue when they are sleeping, etc. so the active
> array should empty most of the time. However, with more RT tasks and
> interactive tasks being thrown back into the active queue I could see
> this POSSIBLY occasionally starving a few processes???

interactive tasks do get thrown back, but they wont ever preempt RT
tasks. RT tasks themselves can starve any lower-prio process
indefinitely. Interactive tasks can starve other tasks up to a certain
limit, which is defined via STARVATION_LIMIT, at which point we empty
the active array and perform an array switch. (also see
EXPIRED_STARVING())

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.520 / U:0.528 seconds]