    SubjectRe: Mach Speed motherboard w/onboard video
    On Wednesday 08 December 2004 17:11, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
    And Gene heskett replied:
    >> Unforch, this implies its for 2.6 kernels. The machine in
    >> question will be running 2.5.25-adeos, an rtai conversion kernel.
    >> I'll take a look and see if it might be buildable for that.
    >> Thanks for the links.
    >If you don't care much about video performance the via embedded
    > video works fine for most applications... it's derived from their
    > s3 aquisition.

    I did place the order for the board, and a cheap Chaintech Gforce 5200
    video card in case the onboard doesn't work out for this app. The
    existing card, a 4 meg rage based card, apparently is not well
    supported by xorg's code, if the blanker is allowed to kick in, the
    recovery when the mouse is moved or a key is hit, is to a totally
    trashed screen & one must find the pager and switch screens to effect
    a redraw. Minor detail, but a pita anyway.

    Thanks a bunch.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.30% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attorneys please note, additions to this message
    by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.020 / U:8.348 seconds]