    SubjectRe: Fwd: Toshiba PS/2 touchpad on 2.6.X not working along bottom and right sides
    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:23:36 +0000 (UTC), Henning P. Schmiedehausen
    <hps@intermeta.de> wrote:
    > This might be a touchpad that simulates the scroll wheel on the right
    > side and horizontal scrolling on the bottom.
    >
    > Does your touchpad emit mouse button events when touching on the
    > right / bottom side?
    >
    > I have a Toshiba Satellite with another touchpad (a Synaptics) and
    > this can be programmed to do so. I'd think that Toshiba noadays uses
    > touchpads that have this hard-coded (maybe there is a command to turn
    > this on/off).
    I have a ThinkPad T42 that can do this, as well, and this is what I
    thought when I first encountered this problem. However, I've had this
    Gateway laptop since about 1999 and it hasn't done this since. Not in
    2.2 or 2.4.

    Also, like I said, xev produced no output when I touched and dragged
    in the offending areas.

    If this really is an added feature and there's a way to turn it off,
    that would be okay. Having it off by default would be best since it's
    seemingly a changed behavior between one kernel version and another
    (also, I hate that feature :) ).

    --
    Andy