    From: Andrew Haninger <>
    Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:53:33 -0500
    Subject: Re: Toshiba PS/2 touchpad on 2.6.X not working along bottom
    and right sides
    To: Dmitry Torokhov <>

    > > I recently installed Linux 2.6.10 on my Gateway Solo 2500 notebook
    > > after using it happily with 2.4.27 (aside from some ACPI sleeping
    > > issues). Since installing the new kernel, I've noticed an odd problem
    > > with the Toshiba PS/2 touchpad which is used as a cursor. If I move my
    > > finger left and right along the 'bottom' portion of the touchpad or up
    > > and down along the right side, there is no movement from the mouse
    > > cursor at all. This behavior shows up using gdm and XFree86. Running
    > > 'xev' produces no output when these sides are used. However, if I move
    > > my finger left-right along the top side or up-down along the left
    > > side, the cursor moves just fine. Tapping the pad to click in the
    > > non-working areas and moving the finger from outside of these areas
    > > and then into them, however, works fine
    > What does dmesg and /proc/bus/input/devices say about your touchpad?

    root@laptop:~# dmesg | grep "PS"
    mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
    input: PS2T++ Logitech TouchPad 3 on isa0060/serio1

    root@laptop:~# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0003 Version=0061
    N: Name="PS2T++ Logitech TouchPad 3"
    P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
    H: Handlers=mouse0
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=143

    Actually, this was more information than I was able to find earlier.
    I'll be able to do some more useful searches now.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:5.660 seconds]