From: Andrew Haninger <ahaning@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:53:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Toshiba PS/2 touchpad on 2.6.X not working along bottom
and right sides
To: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor_core@ameritech.net>
> > I recently installed Linux 2.6.10 on my Gateway Solo 2500 notebook
> > after using it happily with 2.4.27 (aside from some ACPI sleeping
> > issues). Since installing the new kernel, I've noticed an odd problem
> > with the Toshiba PS/2 touchpad which is used as a cursor. If I move my
> > finger left and right along the 'bottom' portion of the touchpad or up
> > and down along the right side, there is no movement from the mouse
> > cursor at all. This behavior shows up using gdm and XFree86. Running
> > 'xev' produces no output when these sides are used. However, if I move
> > my finger left-right along the top side or up-down along the left
> > side, the cursor moves just fine. Tapping the pad to click in the
> > non-working areas and moving the finger from outside of these areas
> > and then into them, however, works fine
>
> What does dmesg and /proc/bus/input/devices say about your touchpad?

root@laptop:~# dmesg | grep "PS"
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: PS2T++ Logitech TouchPad 3 on isa0060/serio1
root@laptop:~# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0003 Version=0061
N: Name="PS2T++ Logitech TouchPad 3"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
H: Handlers=mouse0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=143
Actually, this was more information than I was able to find earlier.
I'll be able to do some more useful searches now.

Thanks.
--
Andy