    SubjectRe: Trying out SCHED_BATCH
    Paolo Ciarrocchi <> wrote:
    > Andrew,
    > what's your plan for the staircase scheduler ?

    I have none, frankly. I haven't seen any complaints about the current

    If someone can identify bad behaviour in the current scheduler which
    staircase improves then please describe a tescase which the scheduler
    developers can use to reproduce the situation.

    If, after that, we deem that the problem cannot be feasibly fixed within the
    context of the current scheduler and that the problem is sufficiently
    serious to justify wholesale replacement of the scheduler then sure,
    staircase is an option.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:67.592 seconds]