    SubjectRe: [BK] disconnected operation
    On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 10:35 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > OK, cool. We can keep going back and forth or if you wish you can send me
    > the mailbox of patches and the cset key to which they should be applied
    > and I'll try it.

    That might be easier, since BK operations take a large amount of time on
    my laptop. I'll send you the emails under separate cover.

    > Can you do a "bk lease renew" before you start the process, then do a
    > "bk lease show" to make sure it took? When it starts to fail I'd like
    > to know what time your computer thinks it is. Is it possible that you
    > are using your net connection to maintain your date and then when you
    > disconnect your date warps forward? Does this always happen at the
    > 3rd commit?

    I did do a bk lease renew at the top (in the log). My clock is
    controlled by NTP, but it just syncs to the localhost fudge when it
    loses all net connection. The time doesn't jump when this happens (it
    does drift by a few hundred milliseconds every hour or so I remain
    disconnected, though).

    Where it happens seems to be variable. Most often it's the first or
    second commit.

    James

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.020 / U:121.552 seconds]