SubjectRe: ide-cd hang while playing a CD in 2.6.10
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 @ 14:01 -0600, John said:

> Can you check a different IDE cable?

I could, but I'm not sure there is a point.

The CD drive functions perfectly as a CD-ROM drive, so I just don't
think the cable could be bad.

I can burn, rip, and mount CDs just fine.

Playing CDs works fine under Windows, but not Linux 2.6.x.

So far, it seems to be a Linux problem. More specifically, something
about how gnome-cd controls the CD drive since Totem seems to play CDs
just fine.

My next step is to get a full trace of gnome-cd to at see more clearly
where the problem occurs. Otherwise I really don't know how to debug
something like this.

I thought someone else might have seen it, or want further details.

> I remember having something like that with my hard drive.

You couldn't play audio tracks from the CD you put in it? :-)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite! Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall