SubjectRe: Ho ho ho - Linux v2.6.10
On Gwe, 2004-12-24 at 22:39, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, with a lot of people taking an xmas break, here's something to play
> with over the holidays (not to mention an excuse for me to get into the
> Glögg for real ;)

Merry Yule to you too.

Not wishing to be too ungrateful to Santa but

- The broken AX.25 patches are not reverted so that doesn't work on some
networks

- It seems the security hole inducing exec_id change was not reverted
and I've not yet found any other changes that fix the same problem
(setuid_app >/proc/self/mem) in 2.6.10. It was actually quite nasty as a
hole because you can seek the fd to the right target address before
execing. With the other /proc changes did I miss something on this one

I'll check it all over in more detail when I generate 2.6.10-ac
(probably tomorrow), which will be nice as the patch will be a _lot_
shorter and USB storage a lot happier than 2.6.9 based systems.

Alan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans