SubjectRe: Prezeroing V2 [0/3]: Why and When it works

> Personally, at least for a desktop usage, I think that the load average
> would work wonderfully well. I know my machines are often at basically
> zero load, and then having low-latency zero-pages when I sit down sounds
> like a good idea. Whether there is _enough_ free memory around for a
> 5-second thing to work out well, I have no idea..

problem is.. will it buy you anything if you use the page again
anyway... since such pages will be cold cached now. So for sure some of
it is only shifting latency from kernel side to userspace side, but
readprofile doesn't measure the later so it *looks* better...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.074 / U:0.048 seconds]