SubjectRe: RFC: [2.6 patch] let BLK_DEV_UB depend on EMBEDDED
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:09:51 -0800, Matthew Dharm <mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:

> The best idea I have is to hide CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB behind
> CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL.

I thought about it, but I do not like CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL as a concept.
I seem to recall a few instances when it was practically required, because
some necessary driver was covered by it, and so users ran it always-on.
AFAIK, both Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Beta have it enabled
for that reason. We can try it, certainly, to see if it helps.

> The next-best idea I have is to make UB print out some sort of warning
> message at startup.

This is probably a cure worse than the disease.

-- Pete

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.101 / U:0.176 seconds]