SubjectRe: 2.6.10-rc2 on VAIO laptop and PowerMac 8500/G3
Hi!

> I can't say i've made much more progress on the Sony VAIO latop either.
> The problem i reported earlier here can be worked around by 'rmmob'ing
> 'snd_intel8x0' before attempting a software suspend, but that hack wasn't
> much improvement. It still crashes fairly reproducibly if left idle for
> awhile and then one/it attempts a software suspend. The symptoms appear to
> be recursive page faults. A second crash involving software suspend
> looks

Well, this one has taint from forced module load... If you can
reproduce it without that, it would be nice to decrease number of
modules in use, perhaps one of them is a problem?

> like it might be 'UART' related, but i'm not sure if i can reproduce that
> one easily (as i'm not running that kernel). Both are attached
> below.

The second is oops in uart resume code, I guess some serial person
needs to debug this one.

> Aside from software suspend, the other issue is that the firewire device
> (DVD/CD-RW) does not work after software suspend. I can document thst one
> also if it's not already a well-known problem.

Well, for me external firewire disk does not even work *before*
suspend, so... :-). [I get something like 10KB/sec transfer rate,
which means unusable disk.]
Pavel