SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.31-19
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:49:34 +0100
Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> * Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Ok, so if i want to find out whether a client violates the RT
> > constraints for its process callback i would have to add a call to
> > gettimeofday(1,1) at the start of the process callback and
> > gettimeofday(1,0) at the end.
> >
> > Everything which causes a reschedule inbetween will then cause SIGUSR2
> > to be sent to the client for which i could either add a signal handler
> > in the client or just use gdb to get notified of it.
>
> correct. I'd expect there to be a number of less critical reschedules
> happening around startup/shutdown of a client, which one could consider
> a false positive, but there should be no unexpected rescheduling while
> the client is up and running.

cool, we're discussing on jackit-devel if this could be added to jackd's
libjack which would do the gettimeofday calls right before and after
calling the process() callback. This might indeed be very very very very
useful as in this case the clients themselfes wouldn't need to be
changed and jackd might then print a console message for example when a
client does something nasty.

Flo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.063 / U:0.140 seconds]