    SubjectRe: 2.6.10-rc3-mm1-V0.7.33-03 and NVidia wierdness, with workaround...
    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:20:03 -0500, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 17:42 -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    >
    > > Most likely, the fact you have SMP/HT and I'm just on a PREEMPT-UP kernel is
    > > what's making the difference. There's almost certainly a '#ifdef CONFIG_SMP'
    > > involved here somehow....
    >
    > Yep! I just compiled my system without SMP and I was able to start up X
    > with NVidia on my HT laptop (with V0.7.33-04).
    >
    > Ingo, do you think this is a bug with NVidia (bad proprietary module) or
    > might be with something in the RT SMP side? I'll look a little more on
    > Monday, but if you know of something, let me know. I'm curious to why
    > it works fine without RT but will not work with RT (and SMP). I
    > shouldn't say NVidia bug, since it only is a problem with the RT SMP, so
    > I should say incompatibility w.r.t. RT SMP and NVidia.
    >
    > If you are one of those that don't want anything to do with the NVidia
    > driver, and don't care less if it works or not, let me know that too.
    > That way I won't bother you with this anymore and will only communicate
    > with Valdis :-)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- Steve

    Nope, I've experianced the same problem without SMP. It also appears
    to be a bug where if make menuconfig is not run after using an old
    kernel, for some odd reason CONFIG_SPINLOCK_BKL is set to be on.
    Anyways, I just wanted to reassure you, this is NOT an SMP bug.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.024 / U:29.320 seconds]